Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Djarum Black Filtered Clove Cigars
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:07 pm 
Herfer

It's debatable whether these could truly be considered "cigars," but I'd like to review them anyway. My girlfriend introduced me to Djarum cloves. While they are a completely different smoking experience than a premium cigar, they are nice on occasion.

For those of you who don't know, Djarum Blacks are about the size of cigarettes and come in a pack of 12, priced around $5-6 (so about 50ยข a cigar). They come in different flavors like black cherry, Bali Hai, vanilla, and plain (clove). I've tried all of them except Bali Hai. I personally prefer the plain ones and the black cherry ones. If you've never smoked cloves, the best way I can describe the taste is a bit like gingerbread. It's almost kind of a Christmasy taste. Although they are called cigars, they are really "little cigars," and they're smoked just like cigarettes. They are filtered and are meant to be inhaled, but they taste nothing like cigarettes.

I rarely smoke these, but they are nice when you can't afford a premium cigar, and the purpose is kind of a cross between cigars and cigarettes. They have a nice, enjoyable taste, but since they are inhaled, they also deliver a nicotine buzz like cigarettes. Basically, it's a lot like smoking hookah, in cigarillo form.

Does anybody else enjoy these?

Post subject: Re: Djarum Black Filtered Clove Cigars
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:42 pm 
Official Member

I used to smoke these back in the day when I wasn't really a smoker. I'd buy a pack or a friend would and we'd split them. The Djarums I remember were actually cigarettes - cigarette tobacco mixed with ground clove. I used to smoke the blacks (which featured a black cigarette paper, and these ones that used to come pre-rolled in a tin and had no filter.

Didn't know they made cigars.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]